13 October, 2008

Strange Coincidences??

I have stories. I have lots of stories. They all make sense and while they may be loosely based off real events most of them just happen. I also have people in these stories. I know what all these people look like and they don't look like anyone in particular.

On several occasions, I have met a new person that either:

a.) looks EXACTLY like I pictured the person, like more so than who their looks were originally based on, or
b.) they have a VERY similar background, history, etc.

For instance take Gary Charles. The way I came to "know him" was that he moved next door to me in the middle of his junior year, although he still went to his former high school because of his extensive medical issues. He was to start my school his (and my) senior year. He was a french horn-player, and a good one at that.

So, when I get an email in July before my senior year learning that a new student, a senior, and a horn-player, would be moving to our school I freaked out. It was almost identical to the story I had written just months earlier. Another freaky coincidence-- Gary is from Vetonia, which at the time reminded me of California (although on the map it's where Texas is). Where was this new guy from? Yup, California. Freaky.

So naturally, this new guy earned the nickname "Gary" from me. He listened to me freak out and was quite amused.

This has happened with many others. Like Lesko Diamond. He has a very distinct look that few can match and who walks into one of my classes but this guy who looks just like him! Eyebrows, hair, voice, everything! Even freakier, he plays the guitar and Lesko plays the electric bass.

A recent one is Eagle Rivers. Although I originally based him off someone, he ended up looking quite a bit different. Eagle is a choir boy but loves to play music so he plays piano, guitar, and percussion as well. Well who should walk into the room but someone that looks just like him! He just needs Eagle's rectangle glasses that slide down his nose and he'll be complete! What's freakier you ask? This guy is a percussionist.

I'm waiting for someone that looks like Maineco Djosevili to cross my path :-) Then I can draw her better lol! I also want to see someone like Jaguarondi Lightfoot come strutting by.

I just remembered another one. Oja Diamond has a peanut allergy. His looks are based loosely on one of my friends. After I wrote this down, I discovered that my friend is, in fact, allergic to peanuts. Wow.

I swear it always happens...

I must gottz da powerz!

No comments: