18 November, 2008

Spotlight on: Magellan Masili

Full Name: Magellan Teklos Masili

Birthday: February 13, 1990

Method of creation: #1- He was a name on a roster!


Let me back up and explain that many real-world names have found their way here. Magellan is a Keòen name meaning "Magical Fellow." It found its way back to Catarika and can also be classified as a Catin name. Funny enough, this is the second character whose name is Magellan, but the first one was the brother of someone so he wasn't very prominent. Actually, come to think of it, Magellan Masili comes from the same place as Eagle Rivers!

If you didn't already know, I love to make lists and rosters. Well, I just had to make one for an international honor band that was touring Catarika! If this sounds familiar, refer to the Eagle Rivers post. Anyway, for first clarinet I wrote down Magellan Masili. I wanted a first name that sounded similar to the last name (not unlike Busi Bisa for example) and the last name Fasili was available so I changed the first letter to give Magellan the name he has today. I decided he was Catin, because of his name, and I decided he was from some city called Kaywood in Anguadoria. I made the second-chair a girl named Sokphair Liene who was from the same city. They met up in Tevernid having no clue each other was doing the trip.

**For the record, this roster happened a year earlier than Eagle Rivers, but Magellan and Eagle did meet the next year because Magellan did the trip again**

Now that I had this guy down on paper... or... the computer... I just had to wait a few months until that fateful day when I fell in love with the clarinet. This day made it into history because it was on that day that Oja Diamond had that big epiphany about music and playing, etc. Refer to his spotlight for details on that.

So anyways, now that I was in love with the clarinet, I decided that Kiillaana needed to contribute something to the world of music. I thought, well, why not a clarinet city? I don't remember why, but Kaywood was chosen. Kaywood was essentially born from my epic falling-in-love of the clarinet. It was all Magellan's fault. I really don't know which came first: Magellan or Kaywood. They happened together. Oh I hope I'm making sense...

**Essentially, me falling in love with the clarinet unlocked Anguadoria, Oja Diamond, Magellan Masili, Aladdin Migali, Kaywood, Ellsmatl, Kile Point, and more!**

As Magellan was being expanded on, I couldn't wait to tell this news to one of my clarinet-playing friends. I remember clearly standing in the lobby during orchestra break talking to him, breathlessly explaining Kaywood, Magellan, Oja Diamond, and all the other happenings that were being unlocked because he played a beautiful solo, I stared at him, fell in love with the clarinet, and all these things hit me at once. He earned the nickname Magellan from this very conversation. To all my school friends who ever wondered why I call him Magellan, here is your answer in the form of somewhat disorganized thoughts.

OK, now that we know somewhat about Magellan, here is a brief mini bio:

Magellan Masili is the oldest child and first son of fully Catin parents from Nialli who moved to Kaywood because Afranu was somewhat of a prodigious wood carver and gained the attention of the folks from the Kaywood Clarinet Factory. Therefore, they made the move and today Afranu Masili is one of the three master crafstmen who makes clarinets by hand every day and assembles them. In fact, his first clarinet he ever made is the one Magellan has today.

Magellan was born in Aiibaatland (the capital of Anguadoria) and has lived all of his life in Kaywood. Naturally, he became a clarinet-player and is very talented and very, very good at what he does. He is a very tall man, unusual for a Catin. He stands at about 6 foot and when he is not practicing, performing, or rehearsing, he plays basketball. Before he graduated he was on the school basketball team. He now attends the Tevernid School of Music where he is earning his degrees in Clarinet Performance.
(the mini bio is over now lol)

Magellan's looks are very unique and I have no idea where the inspiration came from. He was the first man in my world that had long hair. For what ever reason I envisioned him with a ponytail of silky, long, black hair. He looks less like a "stereotypical" Catin as well in the fact that his face is rounder and his jaw is smaller than most. He has big, Catin eyes that glow with his personality. Magellan is a funny man. He gets very, very excited about things and a good gage of how excited he is, is to listen to how heavy his accent is. He has a unique and heavy accent and eventually if he gets excited enough he will start speaking Catin at 100 miles an hour. He obviously is fluent in both Catin and Kevian and can switch between the two at the drop of a hat. He gets his excited personality and boundless outgoing energy from my friend that essentially unlocked him.

I think I'm making no sense so here are five fun facts:
1. Magellan is the oldest of five. He has three sisters and a brother.
2. Magellan is a surfer. Kile Point is a fun drive away.
3. Magellan loves the outdoors and with the jungle being his backyard has a lot of opportunity to bike, hike, boat, swim, and camp out.
4. Magellan has never moved.
5. Magellan has friend ties to Harrison Kye, Mustafa Kribana, and Oja Diamond.

No comments: