25 May, 2011

ILEN: The Very Beginning

I was going through my files on my computer trying to find out some information on Neil Latham when I came across this amazing little document that I had no idea that I had ever written! It is dated from February 23, 2006, which makes this one of the earliest piece of documented ILEN history that I have. Upon further research, I unearthed a couple documents from as early as 2004 that mention ILEN in passing including one from December 22, 2005 containing 2 verses of song lyrics. I don't remember the exact date I came up with ILEN but I know it's sometime around the summer of 2004 because I know exactly where I was when Augustus Kye popped into my mind. I don't even know if the band name or Augustus came first anymore...

Anyway, enjoy this little gem- the first draft of their looks, names, trademark fashion, personality, and where they live. This was clearly before that famous RCT3 peep editor that changed my perspective of them forever and what their looks are almost totally based off of today. All of them look very different!


The Members of ILEN

Jason Augustus Kye is the drummer. He lives on Obbinorsisch Road. He is a very good trumpet player, getting first in JKSB and JKSO, and has musical talent. He loves hanging out with his friends and writing songs. He has blonde hair and blue eyes and wears shorts all the time. He is very funny and loves making people laugh.

Harper Rhys Kye is the keyboardist and writes most of the music. He also lives on Obbinorsisch Road, about 5 houses down from Augustus, who happens to be his cousin. He loves to tell puns all day. He also can make a rhyme in about 20 seconds! He is quick and can make a pun out of anything! He has brown hair and blue eyes and wears custom-made jackets a lot.

Eric Eugene Latham is the guitarist. He lives on Kajil Road near the Kelsons. He loves playing his trumpet with the band and is a very good guitarist. He is taking both band and guitar this year! He provides lots of the inspirations for songs, he’ll think of just about anything. He is tons of fun and loves riddles. He has brown hair and brown eyes and wears suit jackets.

Lesko Tcillah Diamond is the bass guitarist. He lives on the very far west part of Lionel Park Road. He is also good at coming up with ideas for songs. He periodically has green hair to support the band but has light brown hair when normal. He has blue eyes and loves wearing shorts and long socks.


Wow. So there you go! The only thing that is confusing to me is Lesko's green hair, which I know I got from that peep editor, so either I came up with them once before or wasn't sure where to go with their looks. Either way, this is hilarious! Their personalities are totally different, as well as their clothing styles. Harper is the only one who kept that hair and eye color. I suppose that I should rewrite this to make it accurate! My favorite part is the jackets that Harper and Eric supposedly wear, and who couldn't laugh at Lesko's shorts and long socks!

The Members of ILEN (As of May 2011)

Jason Augustus Kye is the drummer. He lives in Sunway with his wife Addy and his twin boys, Jay and Glenn. His colors are black and red and he writes a couple of ILEN songs each year, most of them being the fast, upbeat, and unusual songs meant for nothing but a laugh. He has black hair and blue eyes and is fairly short, at just 5'6'' or so, but makes up for it with his energetic and fun personality. He loves nothing more than making people laugh.

Harper Rhys Kye is the man on the keyboard. He grew up just 5 houses down from Augustus but now lives in Kaytue with his wife Sarah. His colors are "blue and darker blue" and he is almost never seen without a hat. He is the chief composer of the occasional entirely instrumental pieces that ILEN is quickly becoming famed for. He is witty and able to make a quick pun out of just about anything.

Eric Eugene Latham plays the guitar. He lives in Pathreeah in a "giant duplex mansion house" with his wife, Rebecca. Lesko Diamond, his best friend, lives on the other side. Eric is the shortest of them, at only 5'3'', but easily has the lowest voice of them all and therefore sings all the smooth ballads. His colors are yellow and purple and he has bright blue eyes and nice blond hair that flows down his face. He is the official songwriter for the band, able to pop out catchy melodies at the drop of a hat.

Lesko Tcillah Diamond plays the bass. He lives in the other half of the duplex known as the Diamond-Latham House and the two of them regularly host concerts. He is amazing with words and is the chief lyricist for the band, able to create strings of clever thought and story out of thin air. In addition, he is also the main singer, due to his smooth voice with a fairly big range. He is the tallest, towering over all thee other members at 6'2''. Although he no longer has green hair, his colors are "green and lighter green" and everything he wears makes his green eyes come alive and his light, blond hair perfectly accentuates his glowing aura.

There. That's better. :P

P.S.- here are the lyrics I found dating from December of 2005:

Well once upon a time I was out on my way,
To the magic printer’s workshop to print out an essay!
I saw a pretty lady all dressed in pink,
She saw me and smiled, and laid on a wink.

I thought what a pretty lady she seems nice enough,
She was very well together and she sure knew her stuff.
We started up a-talking, all was fine until…
She got to something funny about her cousin Bill.

I'm pretty sure this was from a song I titled "The Girl With The Annoying Laugh"

No comments: