27 September, 2008

The Girl Who Started it All

Having a whole world full of people, there has to be a first. Nothing can happen unless there is a first, right? There are actually three real "firsts" that really got me to where I am today. I'll talk about them now.

The very very first, which can be traced to when I attended Spalding Elementary (which would put that at 1998 or so), was a girl named Louise. She was an acrobat who could be "seen" jumping off railings, swinging from tall places, and in other ways defying the rules. She did all this with ease and with *gasp* no net! Yeah, kind of a stretch, and I didn't really talk to her, she just kind of existed, being dangerous. Over the years, a twin sister, Gloria, and a twin brother, Kyal, were added (making them triplets). They quickly faded into the corners of my world and became circus carneys.

The next first was a girl named Carmine, who was in a wheelchair, breathed with the aid of a ventilator, spoke with a talking device, and was an amazing artist. Quite a big leap into the disabled world! She had very pretty blonde hair and was very popular and fun-loving. I was in probably 4th grade (late 90's) when she came about and she really grew as I made the transition to a complete world with people. Traditionally, she has a twin sister, Ginger, who is also handicapped and in a wheelchair. Carmine went to the same school that I would have attended if I was in my world but then moved to a school that was just for those in wheelchairs who needed special arrangements and modifications. She worked at the local film studio (yes the city she lived in is like the Hollywood we know today, on a smaller scale) as an animationist and had her own show on TV (at fifteen! Wow!). Unfortunately, Carmine passed away at the age of 17 due to complications of her condition, proving that things were for the most part historically accurate in my world. I was sad when she died. It was unexpected. I base a lot of things that happen in my world on real events.

The third first, that started the world, was who is now known as Avicile Mohaili. She started as a peep on Rollercoaster Tycoon. I used to name people and sort of "live out" a storyline as they went through the park. Her name was Avi Mohola (pronounced ah-veh mo-ho-la) and she was angry that nobody could pronounce her name. I decided that I liked her so much that I wanted to give her a personality. As the story goes, I was in the backyard (by now it was the year 2000) and I heard and saw two or three ambulances go by. I immediately thought of her falling out of a tree and breaking both her arms and cutting herself badly enough to warrant many stitches (yes I was pretty morbid and had a thing for horrific accidents). As the ambulances went by I said her name aloud and Avi Mohaili was born. Her last name changed because I knew someone with the last name of "Mohola" and I didn't want people getting confused. It was pronounced Mo-ha-li and that is how it is still today. Over the years, she changed a lot. She started out as a mean bully who beat up people and got in fights. The full name she has now was started soon after her initial creation. I told someone that if you "called her by her real full first name she would beat you up." I was asked what her full name was. On the spot I said, "ah...vay...sill... Avicile." And so it was. She was born. I used to stand in and pose as her which led to her being my twin sister which then led to the idea of me actually being in the world itself and talking to all the people I created and living out their stories. Pretty radical, and pretty crazy. As time went on she was a lot nicer and soon was just like me but a little more social. She used to be very overly accident-prone but that stopped after a few years.

There you have it- the beginning of the World of V Richlin!

No comments: