26 January, 2011

From the Pen of Mera Visi {The Account of Terabi Tana}

Translated from Keòen to Kevian by Lore Hieldin

One March the 1st, in the 22nd year of the reign of Kalo Freloch [1142]

It is I, Mera Visi, son of Trevin Loreloch and Diana Hieldin, and as I am at the age of enough knowledge of words to complete my thoughts by pen, I begin this new journal made by the hands of Eahron Ardin. In it, I hope to document my journey as a Man of Terabi and a man among the Jadali Kiillra. I will first begin by sharing the events surrounding my initiation as a fully imbued Terabikai.

I was but a small boy. My father saw me and my gifts in a dream before I was born and thus named me simply Mera Visi [keeper and protector of the peoples' well being; seen of vision]. He has told me the story often which I have transcribed into my previous journal. As a very young child my earliest memories are of me concerned for the well being of others and having an innate sense of their emotions and motives. It seemed as though I always knew how to improve the mood and morale of everyone, no matter who I happened to be with.

In my seventh year of life, late in the night on one July the 25th, in the 12th year of the reign of Kalo Freloch [1132], I retired to my bed after a long day of schooling and then studying at my home in Thahro del Mont. Suddenly, I felt an overwhelming power gently grasp my shoulders and arms and I could feel myself being pulled backwards. I did not feel afraid and instead felt a sense of peace. I wondered how I would fall below my solid bed but I kept falling back until I had quite literally fallen upside down, still in a sitting position. However, when I looked up, I noticed I was no longer in my bed, or upside down, but was sitting on the cobblestone floor of a dark, vast expanse.

It was very peaceful and serene here. The light gray cobblestones were set perfectly in the ground and stretched on beyond my perception in every direction. The sky was dark gray but had a glow to it that illuminated everything with a slight blue light. There were some areas of four pillars all around me but mostly just an empty expanse of another world. The air was filled with a sort of whistle, as if the life here was humming with energy. It immediately brought to my mind the very essence of our Keòen language which is often uttered among a whisper. I could clearly feel an aura about this world, this realm; one of pure love and peace. I knew then that I was in the presence of an exceedingly great power.

I sat there, at seven years of age, and was taking it all in when I felt like someone was present behind me. I slowly turned my head to see the most majestic man I had ever seen. He was about 7 measures tall [5'10''] and had the face of an ancient battle mage. His cat-shaped eyes were smiling and had a white line which glowed from the top right to bottom left corners of both of his dark brown irises. His face was very catlike and he had a soft smile of ageless love. His hair was long, past his shoulders, and was black as the shadows. It was untied and flowed behind his ears. He was clad in dark robes and carried a dark staff, at about eye level, with a crystal that was about the size of his hand and which glowed a very brilliant bright blue like the ocean of midday. As I looked more, I could see a light blue glow where his heart was.

I suddenly realized who this person was. I had learned about him from my mother and father through the stories they told me about Jadali's creation. This was Terabi, the God of Aura. This was the great Catin mage who knew not of his origins but quickly discovered his powers. As he aged, he realized that he was immortal and set off to find the tear between realms, where he was undeniably from and sent to Catarika of the flesh to learn the ways of man and then conquer the realm and become its king. As this realization sped past my mind, I simply stared at him in awe until he held out his hand and bade me stand.

I stood and faced him. He took my hands in his and began to speak to me. He told me of his name and began to tell me about his rise in the Elite Circle of Mages and how he spent hundreds of years searching for the tear in the Realm of Mirrors. He then told me of his discovery and the power he had mastered to venture inside and how he eventually slew the evil demon king, reclaiming the entire realm as his own. I listened with wide eyes and with all my heart, taking every detail to memory. Finally he told me about how he and Osai, the God of Vision and the second King of Catarika, had become very close and had claimed Jadali as their own as a symbol of their friendship.

At the conclusion of those words, he looked at me and asked, in my native Keòen language,

"Mera Visi, my son, do you know now why you are here?"

It was a powerful question but I already knew why I was here. I smiled and replied,

"Because you have chosen me to be a servant of yours, to receive the great gift Terabi Tana that I may use it for the goodness of me and my kin."

Terabi smiled and was well pleased with my answer. With that he held out his hands and bestowed on my the ability to traverse the realm, fight honorably, and become very agile among other things I cannot write. As the words flowed through him, I could feel my heart begin to fill with power. At the conclusion of the bestowal I looked down and saw my own Teracor, my glowing blue power on my heart. Terabi then looked at me and reached into his blue Teracor and unearthed a large portion of the bright blue energy, which he carefully placed in my left hand. As it touched my hand it began to change. It grew very big, into a two-handed weapon of war. It was totally symmetrical and surprisingly light but of great strength and power. I held it and as it finished shifting into its final shape I was led to an area where I could swing it freely, learning to handle it precisely with the instincts that had been bestowed upon me.

With this complete, he told me to put my blade away inside my heart which I did. He then gave me some last instructions about the Realm and how to traverse and when to draw my weapon to ward off the evil which still roamed. It was also at this time that I was able to meet some of the Terabikai of old who welcomed me with open arms. The last thing which Terabi taught me was something I already knew from living on Jadali. He taught me his creed. As I recited it back I could feel the defining mark of a Man of Terabi begin to glow in my own eyes.

With my full initiation complete Terabi bid me farewell but before I left he turned to me and said,

"Write all the dealings and occurrences of my Realm of the pen, for these works will become the purest portal of the common man into my Realm."

I vowed to do so and then carefully took myself back into the world of man, where I once again found myself in my bed, the moon shining through the windows, the whole town quiet. I had never felt so empowered and filled with love and compassion for my fellow man than I did that day when Terabi instructed me of the things which I should know concerning his powers.

So here begins the very detailed story of my life as a Man of Terabi.

Tahso. [Farewell for now]

No comments: