07 February, 2011

Cobra and Haven Vice Welcome Baby Boy

I sit here in total shock, wonder, and amazement. I knew there was a chance that my baby could be born on that day, that very special day. When morning came I just knew in my heart that this was it and that another chapter in this amazing story would be written. On this day 7 February 1980 my cousin Cedric was born. Exactly 11 years later on 7 February 1991 I was born. Last year on this day Cedric was still here with us. He passed away a week later in the very early hours of the morning, a week after his 30th birthday. From his death there came new life as Cobra and I got married and a few months later I found out that I was indeed expecting a child, a new life to add to this small world that had been so recently touched by death. With shaking hands I did the math and realized that the due date was in that first week of February. If my baby was born on the 7th, I knew that Cedric had sent this child down, with a piece of himself, to let him live the life that he could not in his broken body. That was why we chose to give this baby a name similar to his.

Well, today is 7 February 2011 and tonight I sit here, a sleeping baby BOY next to me, born earlier today. Tears are streaming down our faces as we realize that my SON too shares that special birthday with me and Cedric. He looks just like him. I cannot believe my mind. This child is truly a gift and how happy I am.

Cobra and I are pleased to welcome the arrival of:

Sidry Phoenix Vice

on this very special day 7 Sunoda 2011. His first name is a form of Sethery, the Keòen word for snake and Cobra's middle name. It sounds similar to Cedric without being exact. His middle name is a symbol of being reborn from the ashes, which he truly has. He has his mother's eyes and his daddy's sweet face, but looks like my dear cousin so very much. We are very excited to finally be parents! I have taken care of the children of Club Spicy for so long now and I am so glad to have my son out of me and into this special fold of the children of musicians. :)

I am very tired now, but we are all doing very well. It will take a long time for this to fully sink in and I am going to enjoy the moment. Fare thee well until we speak again!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

No comments: