30 September, 2008

Spotlight on: Lesko Diamond

Full Name: Lesko Tcillah Diamond
Birthday: January 9, 1990
Method of Creation: #1- he started as a name!

Lesko and his Bright Personality

Creation Story:
There are two parts to this story: the first name and the last name. I'll start with the first. I was in pep band at my high school, which means that I went to all the basketball games and played energizing tunes during timeout to boost morale :-). We were also there primarily to cheer on the basketball team. We had many different cheers, one which caught my ear. We would yell, "Let's go, [mascot], let's go!" I started laughing and would say "Let's go, Lesko, let's go!" Just to be clear, I was following an online journal and someone who was very prominent got married and her last name changed to Lesko. That's where I originally got the name in the first place.

Shortly thereafter a character was born. I had envisioned Augustus Kye shouting the cheer since he was a very energetic and crazy person, which led me to think- why was Augustus, and the rest of the band, cheering for this person? I came quickly to the conclusion that he was a member of the high school band but played varsity basketball as well. Since Augustus was cheering for him, and Augustus was the leader of a special 4-member rock band called ILEN, it became apparent that Lesko was also a member of ILEN. As you can see, very quickly things fell into place. He was established. He just needed a fitting last name, but what would go with Lesko?

The answer came very quickly as I flashed back to the names of people I'd put into Rollercoaster Tycoon. As a tangent, I would play RCT and have someone enter the park, being "born" then they would meet someone in the park and get married, etc. I documented all of it just for fun which led to it being called the "Family Tree Game." Anyways, back to the story, I had a huge family tree going and eventually it got down to a girl named Jenny. She met someone who she later married by the name of Elko Diamond. Since Lesko and Elko end in the same sound, it was fitting. And so there it was. Lesko Diamond. Just like that. I made Elko and Jenny his parents and the whole "drama" that happened in the family tree game became the drama that happened in his life as well.

Now that I had this awesome name and a little background, all I had to do was wait for an opportunity to make him prominent, which coincidentally didn't happen right away and I actually didn't really plan on it happening at all. He was prominent enough to be filed into a name list, but in retrospect it was probably because his older sisters, who were part of the original family tree game, were once quite prominent. I have no idea where his middle name came from, except that it is Binko (a language of Kibinki, a state in Kiillaana on the eastern border). It is pronounced Chill-uh, like chinchilla. Tc=ch in Binko. His birthday wasn't his creation day, which had to have fallen somewhere at the end of my sophomore or junior year during basketball season.

Lesko traditionally gained his prominence by being a member of ILEN. I'll explain ILEN in a later post but it's a rock band put together by Augustus and his cousin Harper. Since both of those boys played trumpet I thought, "Well why not have all of them play trumpet? They're all in band, aren't they?" Therefore Lesko became a trumpet-player by somewhat of default (and what a perfect match it was!) and also played the bass guitar. After I had all four members together I set off to try and draw them. I had recently acquired Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 which has a "peep editor" allowing me to make a cerain group of peeps and I jumped at the chance of putting ILEN into a park and taking pictures. The appearence were like any basic editor- a few hairstyles, colors, shirts, pants, etc. The band's colors were originally green and white and it was toga-themed due to Augustus's name. This became VERY important as to who Lekso Diamond was as a person. I had no clue as to what he should look like but I decided on straight, longish, "easy" hair. As I was cycling through the colors I stopped on green. Green hair?? Well, Lesko was already proving to be the wild and drastic one so I thought, "why not?" and gave him green hair, as a promotional item for the band. Little did I know...

Dat RCT3 Pic! Lesko in the green, obvs...

He merely "existed" as a band member who was friendly, social, and out-there until I had a dream about him. By the way, I have extremely vivid dreams and a lot of my inspiration comes from the dreams I have. This one was no doubt about the band and gave me a ton of insight as to who Lesko was. Why him? No clue. I have had more dreams about Lesko Diamond than of anyone else I have ever created. Cool, huh? Anyways, this dream I had back in early December of 2006 (it was important enough to store in my memory) made me really start thinking about him. I won't say exactly what happened because it won't make a whole lot of sense but it showed me just how good of friends the four members of ILEN were and how they would stick together in hard times. More importantly it showed me some characteristics unique to him. I did not want some of these characteristics to be true but later I had another dream where I confirmed the things I had dreamed about earlier so it was official. They certainly added to his character.

And so, here is the mini biography of Lesko T. Diamond, set in Kiillaana, starting out with five fun facts:
1. Lesko's favorite color is green. Everyday something he wears is green.
2. Lesko has a twin brother. Cool huh? They look polar opposite except from the nose to the throat :-). (They have the same nose, smile, and voice)
3. Lesko cannot drive. Asking what color his car is, is a trick question. He does know how to drive, though, and has taken a class on how to fix a car. "If I can't drive it, I might as well know how to fix the dang thing!"
4. Lesko has become the main singer of ILEN although all four sing. He just ends up singing the most. He is in the baritone range and has a lovely voice.
5. Lesko is married to Avicile Mohaili (He was that prominent!).

And now here is his mini bio (with commentary of course :-P)

Lesko Tcillah Diamond was born on January 9, 1990, in Tarra, Baydi (a famous city on the border of the beautiful maple forest.). Just a few minutes later his fraternal twin brother, Oja Sanfono Diamond, was born (and also has EXTREME prominence). He has two older sisters, who happen to be identical twins, named Rally and Jumanji (like the names? They're Family Tree Game originals! Hah).

Lesko was always a tall child while his twin brother was a lot shorter. As he grew up it became apparent with every passing day that he looked just like his father- soft, thin, straight blonde hair; beautiful, pointed Catin eyes that were the rare shade of pure Kiillaanian green (the rest of his fam has blue or brown eyes. Nobody knows where he got his green eyes from but they are so breathtaking one can get lost in them); a beautiful, smiling Catin face ; a trademark smile that shows off his often-caricatured large "fangs"(big teeth is a Catin thing :-D); and lovely glowing skin. Unlike his father, however, he grew to be very tall and had a very thin frame. He was diagnosed with scoliosis in high school and it was bad enough for him to have a spinal fusion so the summer before his senior year he went under the knife. He was wheeled in measuring at 5'10'' and he came out measuring 6'2''. He grew FOUR inches. Due to his nature, he had to be in a body cast for a while and it could be none other than his favorite shade of green. The surgery was a success and he is now marching tall and proud in college. It took some serious getting used to though! He couldn't walk for close to two weeks because his center of balance was so off and he was so weak from the surgery. He's all better now and back on with life :-)

As for his social life, like I said he was born and lived in Tarra up until 6th grade, when his dad bought a clothing printing factory in the city of Kennywood, Pyncyltonia. He was a very sickly kid who missed a lot of school and who others pitied as being too sick to do anything. He had a lot of great supporting friends, however, and got through all the hard times. The family made the move to Kennywood in 2001 and almost instantly he found his best friend, Eric Latham. The two of them did everything together and Eric was definitely someone Lesko could trust. Lesko knew it when he told Eric about all of his medical history and instead of the usual response of people inching away Eric looked him right in the eye and truthfully asked, "What's it like?" They ended up learning guitar and bass together and didn't miss a beat to join with Augustus and Harper when they said they wanted to make a band. Lesko really took off dically in high school and had tons of friends and had many admirers. He was known for being someone anyone could talk to and that he was easy to get along with. He loved trying new things and tried to be as best of an inspiration to others as he could. Many of his "followers" still wear green as a tribute to him.

During a serious medical event that happened to Lesko one morning, his twin brother was the first to find him and get help. Up to that point even though they were twins they didn't really ever hang out with each other. That event really opened up Oja's eyes and the two bonded because of it. Throughout their senior year they became best friends themselves and embarked on many adventures (This led Oja to great prominence in my world. Before he was just another guy although I knew what he looked like somehow...).

Oh yeah somewhere in there he met Avicile Mohaili and they started dating... Then they got married!

All right I've blabbed on long enough. I'll leave with you his Name List, minus the birthdates, etc because I don't remember them all. I'm on my laptop so I don't have access to my convenient files.

Dad: Elko R. Diamond
Mom: Jenny J. Kotolain Diamond

Older siblings: Rally Diamond and Jumanji Lusk (she got married too!)
Younger siblings: sisters Sokphair and Janessa and brothers Dagon, Toby, and Lyonal.
Nine kids! Wow! Starting with two sets of twins!

Fun Family Facts:
Lesko has two siblings that look almost exactly like him: Dagon and Lyonal. His older sisters look a lot like him but with black hair. His younger sister Sokphair looks like him too, again with black hair. Oja and Toby look identical :-).

OK I really have blabbed on long enough. And remember, all this is from memory in my head. I just remember things well. Goodnight!

No comments: